Monday, 29 October 2018

God's Love Awakens My Soul

  • Hymn

  • God's Love Awakens My Soul

  • 🎸
  • Satan has corrupted my soul.
  • I am so proud and vain.
  • Satan has poisoned my thoughts.
  • I long to love You but fall short,
  • oh, but fall short.
  • The judgment of Your words
  • makes me know myself.
  • I see my corruption,
  • that no part of me is good.
  • No conscience, no sense,
  • no dignity remain.
  • Without salvation,
  • I might live like one who is dead.
  • You face danger to work among us,
  • judge, refine and call us,
  • renew our corrupted souls,
  • then our lives have value.
  • I will suffer all there is to suffer,
  • offer my final devotion.
  • I will be an honest man,
  • and I will make no demands.
  • 🎸🎸
  • I am blessed,
  • You exalt me so I can do my duty.
  • Yet I disobey You
  • and I muddle through it.
  • Oh, I muddle through it.
  • You expose who I am
  • and my evil nature.
  • I acknowledge in my words,
  • but my heart still disobeys.
  • You see man's corruption
  • and You worry for him.
  • Yet I have no conscience.
  • I cannot comfort You.
  • You face danger to work among us,
  • judge, refine and call us,
  • renew our corrupted souls,
  • then our lives have value.
  • I will suffer all there is to suffer,
  • offer my final devotion.
  • I will be an honest man,
  • and I will make no demands.
  • 🎸🎸🎸
  • I have undergone Your judgment
  • and painful refinement.
  • I have seen just how great
  • and how real is Your salvation!
  • 'Cause of Your great patience,
  • I can repay Your love.
  • But I learn too late.
  • My debt is too great.
  • You face danger to work among us,
  • judge, refine and call us,
  • renew our corrupted souls,
  • then our lives have value.
  • I will suffer all there is to suffer,
  • offer my final devotion.
  • I will be an honest man,
  • and I will make no demands.
  •  
  • from Follow the Lamb and Sing New Songs
  • The Hymn: God's Love Awakens My Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment